Thursday, March 13, 2008

The thing about me...


Everybody who knows me, knows one truth about me when it comes to music. I fucking love a good cheesy love song. The schmaltzier the better. I like em simple, sentimental and it should drag out for years.

The other night, while watching Law & Order (seriously, I need a 12-step program), Jack McCoy's consternation was interrupted by a Volvo S80 commercial. It's a pretty unremarkable ad, a pretty lady walking around a Volvo trying unsuccessfully to make said Volvo sexy. They could cover the S80 in horny Latin men and the car would still seem sterile, but what drew me to pay attention was a lovely ballad underscoring the whole ordeal.

A few minutes later, and I discovered the world of Melpo Mene; a Swede with a knack for lilting melody. His music is very pretty and uncomplicated, the emotions expressed aren't overwrought or even particularly sexy. But, damn, did he get my attention.

So here's this magical little tune I Adore You.

No comments: